INCOMING QUALITY INSPECTION
We can ensure that all supplied products conform to all specified requirements through our state-of-the-art inspection facility. Customer complaints are rare, however if one occurs our inspection department delivers the resources to quickly analyze and resolve the situation. PSP’s primary inspection tools include:
- Micro-Vu Non-contact Visual Inspection Devices: Our Micro-Vu measurement systems are PSP’s main inspection tools. They are highly sophisticated, computerized machines that can automatically measure parts against industry standards or the customer’s prints or drawings. Micro-Vu has an advantage over an optical comparator in that it can take measurements in the Z-axis (vertically). This accommodates dimensional measurements that normally would need to be taken on sectioned samples. Also, given the 3D nature of the Micro-Vu measurement system, we can measure distance, angle, diameter, radius, circularity, flatness, concentricity, parallelism, sphericity, true position, plus many more GD&T features.
- Density: We measure the specific gravity of incoming products through the Archimedes process. This enables us to quickly verify the compound type because the most common elastomers have a wide enough density range to allow identification through the specific gravity method.
- Shore A & M durometers: One of the most important physical properties of rubber materials is hardness. PSP is equipped to measure incoming product on either Shore scale which helps us ensure that incoming parts meet customer hardness specifications. Typically, PSP measures incoming shipments with the Shore A probe, though smaller parts often require durometer readings with the Shore M probe.
- Full Equipment List:
- Two 12”x12”x6” Micro-Vu Units
- Rex Shore M probe
- Rex Shore A probe
- Analytical Lab Balance for reading specific gravity
- Surface Roughness Probe
- Set of Pin Gauges (.061 to .750)
- Calipers (multiple sizes)
- Snap Gauges (multiple)
- Micrometers (including an interchangeable tip micrometer)
- Digital Height Gauge with granite measuring block
- PI Tapes for large diameter parts
Note that PSP maintains complete calibration records with all our inspection equipment. Also, we demand that every QC equipment calibration service provider is ISO/IEC 17025 certified.
INCOMING QUALITY INSPECTION
PSP has heavily invested in our incoming inspection process to assure utmost quality. More
PRODUCTION PART APPROVAL PROCESS (PPAP)
PPAP specifies requirements for new part startup or existing production changes. More
New laws and regulations increasingly impact the rubber sealing and fluid power industry. More
INTERNATIONAL MATERIAL DATA SYSTEM (IMDS)
IMDS complies with the 2000/53/EC End of Life Vehicle Directive. More
ISO 9001 CERTIFIED
Our dedication to our industry and customers is evident in our ISO 9001:2008 Registration. More